LXQt is a lightweight Qt desktop environment.
It will not get in your way. It will not hang or slow down your system. It is focused on being a classic desktop with a modern look and feel.
- Modular components
- Powerful file manager
- Customize appearance everywhere
- Panel(s) with many plugins and settings
- Window Manager agnostic
- PcManFm-qt - File Manager
- Lximage-qt - Image Viewer
- QTerminal - Terminal Emulator
- Qps - Process Viewer
- Screengrab - Screen Capturer
- LXQt-archiver - Archive Manager
- LXQt-runner - Application launcher and calculator
LXQt is available for all major Linux and BSD distributions so you may just try it
out on your system or in a VM.
More information about installing can be found in the LXQt GitHub Wiki.
Historically, LXQt was the product of the merge between LXDE-Qt, an initial Qt
flavour of LXDE, and Razor-qt, a project aiming to develop a Qt based desktop environment.
More on this topic can be found in the Wiki.