The LXQt team announces the release of LXQt 1.2.0, the Lightweight Qt Desktop Environment.
- Like its predecessor, LXQt 1.2.0 is still based on Qt 5.15, the last LTS version of Qt5.
- LXQt’s file manager has a search history now, with separate lists for name and content searches. Also, file selection is made easier in the detailed list mode (by dragging inside non-name columns), and a problem with Wayland has been fixed.
- QTerminal has a better command parsing with its
- An old issue about showing correct icons of newly installed apps is fixed in libQtXdg.
- A correct position is guaranteed for LXQt Runner with some window managers.
- Preliminary changes have been made to LXQt Session for use under Wayland.
- Translations have received many updates.
- And other changes that can be found in change logs of LXQt components.
LibFM-Qt / PCManFM-Qt
- In the detailed list mode, items can be selected by dragging the mouse cursor inside non-name columns.
Ctrl+Dis added to PCManFM-Qt as well as LXQt file dialog for deselecting all items. It is especially useful in the detailed list mode.
- The search dialog entries are equipped with search history. The maximum number of history items can be set in Preferences → Advanced → Search.
- The margins of the desktop workspace can be customized. This can be useful especially with panels/docks that do not reserve space but auto-hide on overlapping windows.
- The result of execution prompt can be remembered with multiple files.
- Options for locale-awareness and zero-padding have been added to the bulk-renaming dialog.
- A “Categories” entry and a “What’s-This” help have been added to the launcher creating dialog.
- The position of the drop menu of the folder view is corrected under Wayland.
- Miscellaneous fixes.
- Context menu items are added to Quick Launch for reloading desktop entries.
- Quick Launch icons are fixed when there are multiple config files.
- The position of the volume popup is fixed under Wayland.
QTerminal / QTermWidget
- Bidi rendering is enabled by default.
- QTermWidget can be used as a Qt Plugin now.
- Text DND follows the settings for newline trimming and multiline prompt.
- Command parsing with the
-eoption is fixed.
LXQt Power Management
The stable state of battery (neither charging nor discharging) is considered.
Preliminary changes have been made for use under Wayland.
- A sorting sub-menu has been added to the View menu.
- Visual glitches on smoothing scaled images are fixed.
- An old issue about showing correct icons of newly installed apps is fixed.
- The priorities of
desktop-directoriesfolders are fixed.
- The screenshot of window and its decoration is fixed with multi-screen setups.
Please see the release page of each LXQt component for its release note.